Developers can be very fussy. Developers are meticulous and care about every detail. Our precious designs are not meant to be shared with anyone outside of our circle.
We are increasing the use of robots to perform quality assurance (QA). The market for automated testing products in is expected will be worth $20 Billion by 2023, three times more than it is now. Artificial intelligence has been a necessity due to the increasing complexity of software programs. These programmes have evolved from a simple series of commands to an infinite number of variables. We are in a perpetual sprint due to the increasing influence of agile and DevOps, so we must speed up the QA process where possible.
Automation testing runs much faster than the human equivalent and provides crucial analytics. You can run multiple tests at once, and it works 24-7. It allows us as developers to concentrate on the creative stuff. This frees us up to do what is most important. There are many automated mobile app testers to choose from. Each one has its own marketing literature that tells you this product is the best. It’s difficult to discern the truth from the hype, given the technical-jargon involved.
Our company Android Plus was founded in 2015. We have tested thousands of apps and put many testing tools through their paces. To share our lengthy (and sometimes painful) experience, we decided to compile a list highlighting our top five favorite automated mobile testing tools.
This site is intended for Android app automation tools and testing Android software.
Best Mobile App Testing Tools for Android Automation Testing
Selendroid a test automation framework which drives off the UI for Android native and hybrid apps (apps) as well as the mobile web. Selenium 2 client API test are written.
The Benefits of Selendroid
- Selendroid, one of the most powerful mobile automation tools, is fully compatible with JSON Wire protocol
- Automating it requires no alteration to the app under test
- The same concept applies to automating native and hybrid apps
- You can find UI elements by using different locator types
- It can communicate with multiple Android devices simultaneously
- Selendroid supports hot-plugging of hardware devices
- You can find UI elements by using different locator types
Selenium Inspector is a handy tool that Selendroid provides. Selendroid mobile testing tool lets you inspect the state of your app’s UI.
Supported platforms: Mac OS, Linux and Windows
ZAPEST is a Software Automation Solution for any organization using software for development or operations. It is designed for organizations that use software to automate back-office processes or software testing, and is intended to create a seamless and revolving automation platform.
- Automated Functional and Performance Testing
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation).
- Seamless Software Automation for RPA Software
- Cross-Platform Execution (Parallel).
- DevOps Automation (Mock-ups
KIF is an objective C-based framework that allows for automated iOS testing. Kif integrates with XCTests. It is useful for business people who aren’t involved in the writing and reading of test specifications.
- The mobile application testing tool has a strong community and great support
- This mobile app testing tool integrates seamlessly into XCTests. KIF also comes with a “KIFtestCase”, which you can replace “XCTestCase”.
- KIF uses accessibility labels to access UI elements
- All information is in Objective C language, making it easier for iOS developers to pick up.
- It boasts a command line and CI that are impressive
- It supports gestures with reasonable ease
Supported Platforms: iOS
Perfecto , the industry-leading cloud for mobile app testing, is . Preparing your apps for a mobile-first future. Perfecto makes it easy to deliver exceptional digital experiences quicker and more confidently.
- Unmatched coverage across platforms, testing scenarios
- Smart analytics allows for quicker feedback and faster fixes.
- Unified cloud platform to test web and mobile apps.
- Solid integrations with test frameworks and CI/CD tools as well as IDEs.
- Access to OSes and new devices within minutes.
- Scalability and security for enterprise-grade applications
- Support and technical expertise to assist you in your success.
testRigor allows you to express your tests in plain English as executable specifications. All technical abilities can be used to create end-to-end test of any complexity, including mobile, web and API steps, in one test. Instead of relying upon details of implementation such as XPaths and CSS Selectors, test steps are expressed at the end-user’s level.
- Public version available forever free
- English is the language of test cases
- Unlimited users and Unlimited tests
- Automation is the easiest way to learn
- Recorder for web steps
- Integrations with CI/CD, Test case management
- Testing via SMS and email
- All the steps of the Web + Mobile + API test
ZeZ automation is an AI-assisted, script-less automation tool that developers and testers love to use! ZeuZ is equipped with CI/CD integration and Device-Farm (AWS Device Farm, BrowserStack and other), Trunkey Solution, intelligent testing, rich reporting, collaboration tools, and ZeuZ fulfills its promise of truly end-to-end automated systems.
- Tests can be built once and run simultaneously across iOS/Android (real/simulator), Cloud and Web, Desktop, API and IoT.
- No code: One UI that covers all technologies, in one test case or thousands of cases with built-in program logic
- All-in-one: manage and run manual + automated, functional, regression, UI, performance, data-driven tests, Rich reporting/Notification, JIRA Integration, and many more.
- AI-powered object identification and built-in waiting mechanisms
- Advanced debugging (drilldown, intelligent issue grouping and step testing)
- API and extensible with custom actions or scripts (Selenium and Appium, etc.
Eggplant lets you conduct end-to-end testing on mobile apps and websites
- You can easily conduct functional and performance testing of your website or mobile app.
- You can test everything, from the UI to API layers to the database.
- Automately search for bugs that manual or directed testing might miss.
- You can test your mobile apps on different devices, operating system browsers, screen sizes, and with one set of assets.
- To fully understand the user experience, you can use your websites and apps to instrument it. This will allow you to prioritize testing user journeys on the most popular devices.
- Eggplant integrates seamlessly into your CI/CD pipeline
TestGrid lets users test their mobile apps on real devices on-premise or on-cloud.
Your testing and business teams can collaborate to create and execute test cases. TestOS allows users to reuse nearly all of their tests across multiple versions of the app. Upgrade to a paid plan for as low as $39/month.
- Automated mobile app testing scriptless that generates downloadable Appium and XCUITest codes.
- AI-based, no-code automation
- Performance testing can help you optimize and improve your app
- Reuse already written test cases on multiple apps.
- Parallel testing allows for quicker test execution and market launch
- Both on-cloud as well as on-premise.
- For continuous testing, integrate with your favorite CI/CD tool
9) Katalon Studio
Katalon Studios is built on top of Appium & Selenium. It removes the tool’s steep learning curve, and offers a codeless testing experience for users of all levels and expertise. Apart from Android and IOS platforms being supported, testing across OS (Windows, macOS, Linux) is also possible.
- Easy setup and test creation with record & replay, keywords, images
- You can run tests remotely and locally on simulators or custom cloud-based devices (Sauces Labs, Kobitons, Perfectos, Lambda Tests, etc.).
- Flexible test reuseability across mobile platforms, APIs, and the Web.
- Integrate with common project management tools like Jira, Git and Jenkins to reduce maintenance.
- For better collaboration and monitoring, provide detailed test reports for all stages of testing.
Kobiton provides testers with an easy-to use platform that allows them to access real devices for manual or automated testing. Kobiton supports complex gestures and ADB shell commands. It also allows for device connection management. You can also download and view logs in real time to identify and resolve issues.
- The most recent, real, cloud-based configurations and devices
- Data logs and testing history centralized for improved collaboration
- Internal Device Lab Management for more efficient use of internal devices
- Test sessions can be simplified with a simplified user interface
- On-premises deployment option for extra security
The Monkeyrunner tool offers an API to create programs that control Android devices or emulators from outside of Android code. This tool is faster than robotium in terms of performance. These tests are written in Python. To create tests, one can use a recording device.
MonkeyRunner has its limitations. It must write scripts for every device. Also, the tests need to be adjusted each time the user interface is modified.
- Multiple devices can be controlled by Monkeyrunner mobile Automation Testing Tool
- Automating tests does not require that one deal with the source code
- This tool is suitable for automated functional testing
- Regression testing can also be done with Monkeyrunner
- MonkeyRunner API can be interacted with by Jython via Jython
Supported platforms: Mac OS, Linux, and Windows
Calabash is a collection of libraries that allows test-codes to programmatically interact native and hybrid apps.
- This software allows you to test mobile apps on touch-screen devices using APIs.
- It includes libraries that enable test-code to programmatically interface with native and mixed apps
- It supports framework cucumber which makes it easier for business professionals and non-technical QA staff to understand.
Supported platforms: iOS, and Android
3) Appium (Android Testing Tool)
Appium is open-source and supports Android versions 2.3 and higher. Appium runs in the background, much like a selenium server.
This mobile automation tool supports many programming language such as Java, Ruby and C#. Appium uses the WebDriver interface to run its tests
Appium automates Android by using the UIAutomator Library, which Google provides as part of its Android SDK. It can control Chrome and Safari on mobile devices. It can also be synced with TestNG, a testing framework. UI Automator can generate detailed and informative reports similar to those generated by Ranorex.
- You don’t need to modify your app by using standard mobile automation APIs across all platforms.
- To write test cases, you can use any compatible web-driver language (Java or Objective-C),
- Any testing framework can be used
- It is easy to set up on a different platform
- Appium mobile automation tool supports various languages such as Ruby, Java PHP, Node and Python
- The device does not need to have any software installed
- Selenium Webdriver JSON Wire Protocol can be used.
- It doesn’t matter if you re-compile a mobile app on another platform.
- It can be integrated with other tools by using Java
Supported Platforms: Android
Android Testing Tools FAQ
What are the key factors to consider when choosing a Mobile automation tool for your business?
Before you choose a tool, consider these factors
- Support for Desired Platforms Android or iOS
- If applicable, the license cost
- You must factor in the client/client preference of the mobile tool when you are outsourcing a project
- Training employees to use a tool is expensive.
- Software and hardware requirements for the tool
- The mobile automation tool vendor has a support and update policy.
What are the best mobile testing tools?
These are the Top Mobile Testing Tools
- ZAPEST – Cross-Browser Web Testing Tool
- TestGrid Best for Reusing already written test cases on multiple applications
- Katalon Studio Best for Mobile, Desktop and API Testing
- ZeuZ is the best for both advanced and beginning testers
- Eggplant Best for End-to end mobile app testing
- Kobiton is the best way to test real mobile devices
- testRigor is the best for fast and stable mobile testing
- Perfecto is the best mobile and web testing tool in cloud
How do you choose the best Mobile App Automation Software?
This is how you can determine which mobile automation tool is best for your project.
- This tool can be used to identify the tests that should be automated.
- Analyze and research the automation tools that best meet your automation requirements
- Pilot for the best two tools that meet your needs and budget.
- Based on pilot results, we have shortlisted 1 tool
- Stakeholders should discuss the selected automation tools, explain their choices, and then get their approval.
- Use this mobile automation tool to test automation
There are no top mobile testing tools on the market. It is important to choose the right tool for your mobile automation project goals.
What are the benefits of choosing the right mobile tool?
Many mobile testing tools are available. Some are free, while others are costly. Some automation tools were developed long ago while others have recently entered the market. Every tool is unique and has its own characteristics.
It is difficult to choose the right automation tool for your project. Many testers end up with tools that are not compatible with their project requirements. It is crucial to choose the right tool for your particular project.